Friday, December 28, 2012

It's Alive!

Just like when Frankenstein's monster came to life, it is equally exciting when a hunter sees a non typical monster in the woods. This happened to me for the first time last year. I had already shot my buck and a week later this gnarly buck comes up on camera. An absolute monster, he has a typical left side but each point on his right side comes out of his head separately except for two points that are forked together. I didn't see the buck this year and I suppose that there is a small chance that he is still out there somewhere, lurking around. I am just grateful that he came out for a pose and to this day is the coolest buck I've seen. We all have that one buck, this guy is that one buck for me. Maybe just maybe next year I'll get to exclaim as Frankenstein so famously did, "it's alive!"





No comments:

Post a Comment